Saturday, September 6, 2014

these past seven days


Anna and I drove Eric to the airport this morning; China. Again. Everything just feels a little off when he's gone. And as Anna said  in a tiny sad voice when I told her he was leaving, "But we will miss him very much."

Earlier this week, we were also at the airport. But this time, all three of us got on a plane and went somewhere completely and entirely just to be and see somewhere new. All together. It was a rocky ocean, redwood tree filled few days, and I think all of us savored and felt grateful for most every single minute of it.

Eric had an actual camera, and I will share those pictures later. But for now, here's some phone captures of the week we didn't want to end.




























And then we were home. After putting on an assembly with a dance troupe from China for Spring Lane elementary, we drove up high to our own little mountain body of water.






















And then, it was over.

Now on to a week of 2/3rds the amount of appropriate Chipmans being in our house, finishing up those summer projects that have not quite been completed, preschool,  violin lessons, and entering the third trimester of this here pregnancy. But not without a renewed appreciation for both the vastness and beauty of this earth, and also the little family I get to spend my time here with. I find myself in love with both.

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment