Thursday, November 14, 2013

new york

For our birthdays this year, Laura took her four girls to New York. We were there a month ago today, and I have not posted a thing about it, since I have yet to locate the cord I need to upload my pictures. Yes, there once was a world where cameras took most the photos and all sorts of processes beyond clicking send were required to share them with anyone. Still haven't found it, but here's a few from someone else's phone.  See? Proof we really were there.
Standing in one corner of one of my favorite places we went there: Eataly. A mini Italy, complete with intricately tiled floors, a vegetable section that made me want to do ballet, aisles and aisles of ineffable chocolates, and three restaurants using only the food they themselves sell at the rest of the store. Funny this is where I got a picture, as someone who doesn't really eat meat or cheese.

The shake shack. Okay, so we ate there three times while in new york. They do mushroom burgers right. And fries. And shakes. And christmas lights. Open til 11:00, and no later.

NYC was incredible from the moment I stepped off the plane and found myself surrounded by languages, bone structures, smells, and fashion statements completely and delightfully foreign. It is sort of a thrill to be so small and insignificant. And oh the food! I don't think I could take the concrete much more than a month, but I very much enjoyed my trip. And then absolutely loved my run on dirt through clean air and yellow leaves upon my return. Still feel very much more at home in mountains and grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment