Thursday, October 3, 2013

growing out a pixie, one year later



It has officially been one year since I cut my hair about three feet. Here's what it looks like now when I look out our bathroom window. And here's a brief show of what it looked like through the months. 

I feel completely ridiculous taking pictures of myself, but I did try to every so often so if I ever consider going so short again, I'll have a clear and documented idea of what I'm getting into.  I should have had Anna with me in every picture so I could see the growth she was making right along with my much less significant hair. And I should definitely get around to figuring out how to make pictures on a blog big and even and pretty. Also, I don't have a smart phone, so none of these pictures are square, cute, or filtered. But they do their job, so enough should haves and here's what I did, hair-wise, this past year.


10 months

8 months 
6 months
5 months
4 months
You just sort of have to embrace wings in a whole new way if you're hair is at all wavy.
3 months. Camping hair.
2 months
1 month

day of

For me, or anyone else out there growing out a similarly short cut, the key is mullet control. The uneven/layered growth that just happens when growing out a pixie generally looks just fine, as long as you get the back taken care of every so often. And most hair places will do that for really cheap.

1 comment: