Tuesday, January 24, 2012

embark!

I do not love sitting in front of a computer. I do like sharing. Thinking. Reading. And a good deal many other things.

So I have this blog for when I feel like doing a little sharing. But I can promise it will not be consistent.

Thoughts for today:

1. Mint oreos are good. And totally artificial, so dairy free me (thanks to Magdalena) can enjoy them. In a way I never thought I could. And yes, maybe that bag we just got is already half eaten. Okay there's one left.

2. " Each of us has circles of friendships, and within those lie the portion of the human family whom God has given us to love, to serve, and to learn from." Maxwell

I often wonder what I can do with my life, my time, that will be of the most good. And I have yet to find a one answer. Usually I think of traveling to a poverty stricken corner of the world and establishing schools, opportunities for girls, or clean water systems. And one day I fully plan on doing that. But reading this made me think about what I am doing now --both in serving and learning from-- the people I already know.

Each person our lives collide with, and maybe collide is too strong a word. But each person we interact with on whatever level and for whatever reason, becomes a part of the minuscule percentage of the human population we will ever have a chance to come in contact with. What are we doing with these opportunities?

Magdalena awakes from her nap....

1 comment:

  1. I want to come visit you. The time our lives collided means alot to me.

    ReplyDelete